The Holidays Are Coming – Check Out These Money Saving Tips.
The past few years, we’ve seen price increases on almost everything, which makes these money saving tips for heating your home a timely and relevant discussion as the holiday season kicks off. Here’s how to save money and live in comfort all year long:
- Open Your Curtains or Blinds: We all know that closing curtains during the summer will lower AC bills. The same is true in the winter when you do the opposite. Open curtains and blinds to allow sunlight to penetrate and help warm your spaces – especially those on south-facing windows. Keep in mind that if your windows are super old or you feel a draft while standing in front of them, you might be better off keeping those window treatments closed to insulate the room better.
- Close Curtains At Night: Even if your windows are well insulated and thick, you’ll want to close your curtains or window treatments at night. By closing them, you’ll better insulate your space from drafts or cold transfer through the glass – because windows are still not as efficient as walls.
- Get A Gas Space Heater: Gas space heaters work well in small rooms where you spend most of your time. So much heat loss occurs with ducting and combustion that these little heat blasters efficiently heat living rooms and family rooms while keeping the bedrooms cooler for sleeping. Keep in mind that gas space heaters are not as efficient as a furnace when you’re heating larger spaces.
- Choose LED Lights For The Holidays: LED lights use up to 75% less energy than traditional incandescent bulbs and last 25% longer. Their durable performance makes them perfect for Christmas lights, both on your tree and in your yard.
- Maintain Your Equipment: Make sure you schedule regular maintenance and service of your HVAC (Heating & AC system), heaters and logs sets. Units that run poorly can cost more money in the long run. Even just a clogged filter can cause undue stress on your system and shorten the lifespan of its components.
We service all appliances that we sell and even offer service plans to fit your HVAC and gas appliance needs. Ready for more money saving tips from the propane professionals at Hall? Get in touch and live in comfort all winter long!